Saturday, September 6, 2008

Shanghai-ed, literally

My camera got stolen last night. Devastated? I am bordering catatonic! MY PICTURES!!! Is it just me or doesn't this sound like a re-run? Over and over I play back the events and places my Powershot and I last shared... Pudong, Pearl Tower, River Promenade, The Bund, Nanjing Dong Lu ALL ON FOOT!!! And that was just yesterday! There was Sweets Asia and Xintiandi the day before! My blisters are inconsolable.

I am trying hard to focus on the beauty and the good I have witnessed and experienced here. A young man (probably thinking I was a young girl) came to my aid at the Metro. "I'm sorry, my English is bad.", he apologized. Don't worry, my Mandarin is worse.

I feel like a hangover with barely a wink's sleep. Am forcing myself to snap out of this slump and head to Yuyuan Gardens for the elusive XIAO LONG BAO. One can wallow in milk tea for only so long.

1 comment:

kirk said...

well at least you get to taste authentic food and the true authentic experience in shanghai! (it's not a safe city, everybody thinks it is, BUT ITS NOT!) have you tried the barbecue sticks on charcoal bags? :D