Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seeing and Believing

I know, I know, it's been a while since my last decent posting. Somehow, being without a camera has dulled my eye and staved off the hunger for blogging.

"You don't have pictures? Then it didn't happen." My mini adventures tend to tread the fine line between fiction and non-fiction that, without the evidence of photos, they just don't seem believable. Hmph! So my Snuffleupaguses have to share the back burner with imaginings for now.

"Everything happens for a reason." The past week was occupied with camera-hunting, vacillating from a Lumix to Powershot to Coolpix. Everyone had an opinion and unfortunately, a budget more opinionated than mine. Then there is DPreview, exhausting all possible concerns (and me) with their extensive reviews. Well, just as my heart was breaking from realizing that Hidalgo, camera-haven-in-Quiapo, didn't have stock of my TZ5, I recalled that former student Jan Tan was the JT of JT PHOTOWORLD! A few clicks on the cell phone, a bit of egging and bargaining then groveling later, I had my camera ordered from Hong Kong AND at a beloved-teacher deal!

"We all are blessed with certain gifts." But whereas some people are blessed with the gift of discernment and others the gift of tears, mine is the Gift of Parking. Seriously. It may be a jam-packed garage or a full lot, but a slot-- the BEST slot-- magically opens up for me every single time. It can get eerie. It is non-transferable. I just look up at the skies and with a glitter in my eye, I give thanks. It's an intimate running joke between me and God... and the patron saint of traffic, St.Habakkuk.

Some things don't have to be seen to be believed. Trust me.

No comments: