Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to basics

WHAT IF MY CAMERA FOUND ITS WAY TO LOST AND FOUND? Guess what? I found myself at the police station. Are you sitting down? I cried. OH YES.

Losing the camera is not what devastates me, I am already looking forward to a Lumix. My bubble has been burst. On my solo travels, I have trusted and drawn confidence from the kindness of people. It breaks my heart to lose THAT.

In my desperation I turned to a disposable camera and stubbornly retraced my steps. I forget how simple things used to be. With a limit of just 24 exposures, every shot mattered. God only knows how those pictures will turn out-- there is no playback on those boxes, no zoom either. But I can go home now, I've moved on. ZAIJIAN.

3 comments:

MJM said...

Finally went to a cafe to read your blog! Grrrr...need to get Jim to ask EDP why I can't get blogger in the hotel.

Maki said...

Sorry to hear about your camera getting stolen.

Stay Safe.

*Hugs*

kirk said...

awww.... sayang chef!! mas sayang ung mga pics before nanakaw ung camera mo! :(