Sunday, September 14, 2008

Figments

Now that I'm back to the grind and especially after a tough few days, the past week's juicy little bits seem like just a very colorful dream. And without proper pictures, I have been ribbed to pieces that that's all it was. WHATEVER!

I finally had the disposable camera photos processed. Only half of the 24 exposures came through anywhere near decent. Sad. But these will have to do.

A French-Canadian friend here for his Philippine stop revealed that on his second tour of the world, he stopped shooting pictures. He resolved that a camera-- choosing subjects, composing
the frame and considering the lighting-- stymied the fullness and fluidity, the spontaneity of his experience.

Maybe I'll stop taking photos too... after I've circled the world a few times.


1 comment:

ena said...

hard to think all we had a few years back were those film cameras.

darn technology.