Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ole!

I just love thematic affairs! More often than not, they get the creative juices flowing almost instantly. And when the lightbulb pops and the ideas click, I'm on a roll! Clients who have witnessed this phenomenon swear to practically hear my mind whir and see my eyes glaze over as images flash faster than I can explain.

On June 7,2008, family, friends and dedicated students gathered together in thanksgiving for Ms. Ginajane Grey's 49th birthday. The surprise tribute to their beloved dance teacher was made even more special with the personalized menu prepared by Chef Jessie Sincioco with dishes like "Jazz For You", "The Veil", " Pasadoble de Pollo y Pescado", and a special dessert especially concocted for Ginajane, "The Dancer".

Dornet Venturanza entrusting the design of the birthday cake wholly to me was an honor-- considering how OC we both are! Research on trajes de flamenca came up with vibrant colors, classic patterns, wild ruffles and romantic mantons. It was uncanny how everything fell into sync.

No comments: