Thursday, June 26, 2008

Destination: Temple Hill



The day after an exceptionally hard 15-hour teaching day at Benilde (and I mean, on my feet the ENTIRE 15 hours!) and with a barely-open eye, I found myself back on the road early this morning heading towards Antipolo... the land far, far away. Exactly 31 kms. away. ONE WAY. This was Day1 of my promise to teach at Temple Hill International School. Yes, a high school. It took a year's courtship before I finally agreed and now I'm glad I did.

Temple Hill is unique in that it offers alternative and wholistic approaches to learning. The facility is provincial only in its location, certainly ahead of its time in thrust. The structure is zen-like with windows and large doors wide open, allowing cool breeze in from the well-tended plots of herbs and vegetables that cover the 3+ hectare property. This is to be the source of several ingredients I will use in my baking sessions as well as part of our pesco-vegetarian meals and wonderful teas.

This character-driven group of 15 students from grades 7-12 will make up my class for school year 2008-2009.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

grabe chef!!!! you're such a superwoman! another teaching job??? in antipolo??!! :P

Peachy Juban said...

That's what I was saying for a year. That's what I say driving there every time. But the kids have finally won me over, so now I'm committed. Pusong MAMON talaga!