Sunday, October 19, 2008

When the CIRCUS came to town

It used to be that a classic Pinoy children's party, so long as it had the requisite sweet spaghetti with hotdogs, chicken lollipops, mini rainbow sandwiches and fruit salad, with hit-the-pot and musical chairs for entertainment, already spelled F-U-N! Manolet Lloren to this day still refers to the cotton candy and ice cream carts on my 9th-or-so birthday which, to his then child's eyes, made me sosyal. But when Jeremy Markus Antolin turned one, his parents James and Mitsy put together a party that put my humble bash to shame and certifiably spelled W-O-W!

Friends who came to join the Circus for the day were met at the door by visions straight from a fantasy-- a child's or otherwise... draped ceilings, a rainbow of balloons, gaming booths, those bouncing thingys (you know what I mean). Whomever didn't come in costume soon got into character care of one of the most talented face-painters I've ever seen. A stilt-walker, clowns, a group of acrobats and jugglers had the crowd agog.








Joanne, Gerd and I got our dress-up fix at the photo booth and the inflatable castle slide was hard to resist. The only things I DID recognize were the cotton candy and ice cream carts.

1 comment:

kirk said...

wow! pink hair!:D