Saturday, October 11, 2008

Evanescing

With just 2 hours sleep, I dragged on a secret stash of adrenalin… and a tall
Caramel Macchiato to pump me up for what I knew was going to be a long one: Batch 105’s graduation day. Definitely a Lumix moment.

My jusi kimona and U.P. sablay slowly wove through a sea of black cloaks and a ramp show of ankle-strapped stilettos, stark contrasts to our usual kitchen whites and clogs. It was an evanescent yet important ritual, tentative farewells disguised as happy reunions marked by frenetic snapshots. The solemn mass and the iron-smooth ceremony, our final act of community.

Magna cum laudes, cum laudes and honorable mentions are simply the icing on the cake. It was the years of shared oohs, ahhs, ho-hums and yeheys that washed down my face and flowed into my heart. I close my eyes and the memories burn permanently in my mind.

It seems just like yesterday that I myself stood at the edge of the same platform. The actual number of years has long run in the double digits, yet on days like this it somehow feels so fresh. Admittedly,
even then there really wasn’t much of a plan, but thankfully a lot of divine intervention. And here I find myself caught in the spiral of life.

God speed!

No comments: